Last Updated on July 2021
3. TRANSPARENCY/NOTICE—TYPES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT
The types of personal information we may collect and our privacy practices depend on the nature of the relationship you have with Hakkoda and the requirements of applicable law. Some of the ways that Hakkoda may collect personal information include:
- You may provide personal information directly to Hakkoda through interacting with the Services, participating in surveys, and requesting Services, or information.
- As you navigate the Services, certain passive information may also be collected about your visit, including through cookies and similar technologies as described below.
We endeavor to collect only that information which is relevant for the purposes of processing. Below are the ways we collect personal information and how we use it.
3.1 TYPES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Hakkoda collects personal information regarding its current, prospective, and former clients, users, visitors, and guests (collectively “Individuals”).
- Information You Provide Directly to Us. When you use the Services or engage in certain activities, such as registering for an account with Hakkoda, responding to surveys, requesting Services or information, or contacting us directly, we may ask you to provide some or all of the following types of information:
- Communications with Us. We may collect personal information from you such as email address, phone number or mailing address when you choose to request information about our Services, or otherwise communicate with us.
- Posting on the Services. Hakkoda may offer publicly accessible pages, blogs, private messages, or community forums. You should be aware that, when you disclose information about yourself on Hakkoda’s pages, blogs, private messages, and community forums, the Services will collect the information you provide in such submissions, including any personal information. If you choose to submit content to any public area of the Services, such content will be considered “public” and will not be subject to the privacy protections set forth herein.
- Automatic Data Collection. We may collect certain information automatically through our Services or other methods of web analysis, such as your Internet protocol (IP) address, cookie identifiers, mobile carrier, mobile advertising identifiers, MAC address, IMEI, Advertiser ID, and other device identifiers that are automatically assigned to your computer or device when you access the Internet, browser type and language, geo-location information, hardware type, operating system, Internet service provider, pages that you visit before and after using the Services, the date and time of your visit, the amount of time you spend on each page, information about the links you click and pages you view within the Services, and other actions taken through use of the Services such as preferences.
- Cookies. Cookies are small text files placed in visitors’ device browsers to store their preferences. Most browsers allow you to block and delete cookies. However, if you do that, the Services may not work properly.
- Pixel Tags/Web Beacons. A pixel tag (also known as a web beacon) is a piece of code embedded on the Services that collects information about users’ engagement on that web page. The use of a pixel allows us to record, for example, that a user has visited a particular web page or clicked on a particular advertisement.
- Embedded Scripts. We and our marketing partners, affiliates, analytics, and service providers may also employ software technology known as an embedded script. An embedded script is programming code that is designed to collect information about your interactions with the Service, such as the links you click on. The code is temporarily downloaded onto your computer or other device and is deactivated or deleted when you disconnect from the Service.
- Analytics. We may also use Google Analytics and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting to collect information regarding visitor behavior and visitor demographics on some of our Services, and to develop website content. For more information about Google Analytics, please visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. You can opt out of Google’s collection and processing of data generated by your use of the Services by going to http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Information Submitted Via Services. You agree that Hakkoda is free to use the content of any communications submitted by you via the Services, including any ideas, inventions, concepts, techniques, or know-how disclosed therein, for any purpose including developing, manufacturing, and/or marketing goods or Services. Hakkoda will not release your name or otherwise publicize the fact that you submitted materials or other information to us unless: (a) you grant us permission to do so or it is otherwise necessary as part of the Services, (b) we first send notice to you that the materials or other information you submit to a particular part of a Service will be published or otherwise used with your name on it; or (c) we are required to do so by law.
- Information from Other Sources. We may receive information about you from other sources, including through third-party services and organizations to supplement information provided by you. For example, if you access or use our Services through a third-party application, we may collect information about you from that third-party application that is public via your privacy settings or is otherwise available. This supplemental information allows us to verify information that you have provided to Hakkoda and to enhance our ability to provide you with information about our business, products, and Services.
3.2 HOW Hakkoda USES YOUR INFORMATION
We acquire, hold, use, and process personal information about Individuals for a variety of business purposes, including:
- To Provide Products, Services, or Information Requested. Hakkoda may use information about you to provide the Services and fulfill requests for products or information, including to:
- Generally manage Individual information and accounts;
- Respond to questions, comments, and other requests;
- To assess vulnerabilities and other bugs you discover in the course of your use of the Services;
- Provide access to certain areas, functionalities, and features of Hakkoda’s Services;
- Contact you to answer requests for customer support or technical support;
- Allow you to register for events.
- Administrative Purposes. Hakkoda may use personal information about you for its administrative purposes, including to:
- Measure interest in Hakkoda’s Services;
- Develop new products and Services;
- Ensure internal quality control;
- Verify Individual identity;
- Communicate about Individual accounts and activities on Hakkoda’s Services and systems, and, in Hakkoda’s discretion, changes to any Hakkoda policy;
- Send email to the email address you provide to us to verify your account and for informational and operational purposes, such as Account management, customer service, or system maintenance;
- Process payment for products or services purchased;
- Process applications and transactions;
- Prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities;
- Enforce our Terms.
- Marketing Hakkoda Products and Services. Hakkoda may use personal information to provide you with materials about offers, products, and Services that may be of interest, including new content or Services. Hakkoda may provide you with these materials by phone, postal mail, facsimile, or email, as permitted by applicable law. Such uses include:
- To tailor content, advertisements, and offers;
- To notify you about offers, products, and services that may be of interest to you;
- To provide Services to you and our sponsors;
- For other purposes disclosed at the time that Individuals provide personal information; or
- Otherwise with your consent.
You may contact us at any time to opt-out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes, as further described in Section 5 below
- Research and Development. Hakkoda may use personal information alone or in the aggregate with information obtained from other sources, in order to help us to optimally deliver our existing products and Services or develop new products and Services.
- Direct Mail, Email and Outbound Telemarketing. Individuals who provide us with personal information, or whose personal information we obtain from third parties, may receive periodic emails, newsletters, mailings, or phone calls from us with information on Hakkoda’s or our business partners’ products and services or upcoming special offers/events we believe may be of interest. We offer the option to decline these communications at no cost to the Individual by following the instructions in Section 5 below.
- De-Identified and Aggregated Information Use. Hakkoda may use personal information and other information about you to create de-identified and/or aggregated information, such as de-identified demographic information, de-identified location information, information about the computer or device from which you access Hakkoda’s Services, or other analyses we create. Anonymized and aggregated information is used for a variety of functions, including the measurement of visitors’ interest in and use of various portions or features of the Services. De-identified and/or aggregated information is not personal information, and Hakkoda may use such information in a number of ways, including research, internal analysis, analytics, and any other legally permissible purposes. We may share this information within Hakkoda and with third parties for our or their purposes in an de-identified and/or aggregated form that is designed to prevent anyone from identifying you
- Sharing Content with Friends or Colleagues. Hakkoda’s Services may offer various tools and functionalities to share content. Our referral services may allow you to forward or share certain content with a friend or colleague, such as an email inviting your friend to use our Services. Email addresses that you may provide for a friend or colleague will be used to send your friend or colleague the content or link you request, but will not be collected or otherwise used by Hakkoda or any other third parties for any other purpose.
- Other Uses. Hakkoda may use personal information for which we have a legitimate interest, such as network and information security, direct marketing, disclosure to affiliated organizations, research (including marketing research), fraud prevention, or any other purpose disclosed to you at the time you provide personal information or with your consent.
Uses of Automatic Collection Technologies. Our use of the Technologies fall into the following general categories:
- Advertising or Targeting Related. We may use first-party or third-party cookies and web beacons to deliver content, including ads relevant to your interests, on our sites or on third party sites. This includes using technologies to understand the usefulness to you of the advertisements and content that has been delivered to you, such as whether you have clicked on an advertisement.
If you would like to opt-out of the Technologies we employ on our Services, you may do so by blocking, deleting, or disabling them as your browser or device permits.
3.3 THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES AND SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS
The Services may contain links to other websites and other websites may reference or link to our Services. These other domains and websites are not controlled by us, and Hakkoda does not endorse or make any representations about third-party websites or social media platforms. We encourage our users to read the privacy policies of each and every website and application with which they interact. We do not endorse, screen or approve, and are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such other websites or applications. Visiting these other websites or applications is at your own risk. Hakkoda’s Services may include publicly accessible blogs, community forums, or private messaging features. The Services may also contain links and interactive features with various social media platforms (e.g., widgets). If you already use these platforms, their cookies may be set on your device when using our Site or other Services. You should be aware that personal information which you voluntarily include and transmit online in a publicly accessible blog, chat room, social media platform or otherwise online, or that you share in an open forum may be viewed and used by others without any restrictions. We are unable to control such uses of your information when interacting with a social media platform, and by using such services you assume the risk that the personal information provided by you may be viewed and used by third parties for any number of purposes.
3.4 THIRD-PARTY PAYMENT PROCESSING
If you use the Services to make, receive or facilitate payments in connection with the Services, we and Third-Party applications may collect certain financial information from you to process transactions, including your name, email address, address, financial account information and other billing information.
4. ONWARD TRANSFER—Hakkoda MAY DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
4.1 INFORMATION WE SHARE
- We Use Vendors and Service Providers. We may share any information we receive with vendors and service providers. The types of service providers (processors) to whom we entrust personal information include service providers for: (i) provision of IT and related services; (ii) provision of information and services you have requested; (iii) payment processing; (iv) customer service activities; and (v) in connection with the provision of the Services. Hakkoda has executed appropriate contracts with the service providers that prohibit them from using or sharing personal information except as necessary to perform the contracted services on our behalf or to comply with applicable legal requirements.
- Business Partners. Hakkoda may share personal information with our business partners, and affiliates for our and our affiliates’ internal business purposes or to provide you with a product or service that you have requested. Hakkoda may also provide personal information to business partners with whom we may jointly offer products or services, or whose products or services we believe may be of interest to you. In such cases, our business partner’s name will appear, along with Hakkoda. Hakkoda requires our affiliates and business partners to agree in writing to maintain the confidentiality and security of personal information they maintain on our behalf and not to use it for any purpose other than the purpose for which Hakkoda provided them.
- Content Visible to Others. When you create a Profile or post content to the Services, this information may be displayed to others. We are not responsible for privacy practices of the other users who will view and use the posted information.
- Marketing – Interest-Based Advertising and third party Marketing. Through our Services, Hakkoda may allow third-party advertising partners to set tracking tools (e.g., cookies) to collect information regarding your activities (e.g., your IP address, page(s) visited, time of day). We may also share such de-identified information as well as selected personal information (such as demographic information and past purchase history) we have collected with third-party advertising partners. These advertising partners may use this information (and similar information collected from other websites) for purposes of delivering targeted advertisements to you when you visit non-Hakkoda related websites within their networks. This practice is commonly referred to as “interest-based advertising” or “personalized advertising.” We may allow access to other data collected by the Services to facilitate transmittal of information that may be useful, relevant, valuable or otherwise of interest to you. If you prefer that we do not share your personal information with third-party advertising partners, you may opt-out of such sharing at no cost by following the instructions in Section 5 below.
- Disclosures to Protect Us or Others (e.g., as Required by Law and Similar Disclosures). We may access, preserve, and disclose your personal information, other account information, and content if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to: (i) comply with law enforcement or national security requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; (ii) respond to your requests; (iii) protect yours’, ours’ or others’ rights, property, or safety; (iv) to enforce Hakkoda policies or contracts; (v) to collect amounts owed to Hakkoda; (vi) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation or prosecution of suspected or actual illegal activity; or (vii) if we, in good faith, believe that disclosure is otherwise necessary or advisable. In addition, from time to time, server logs may be reviewed for security purposes – e.g., to detect unauthorized activity on the Services. In such cases, server log data containing IP addresses may be shared with law enforcement bodies in order that they may identify users in connection with their investigation of the unauthorized activities.
4.2 INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
All personal information collected via or by Hakkoda may be transferred, Processed, and stored anywhere in the world, including but not limited to, the United States, the European Union, in the cloud, on our servers, on the servers of our affiliates or the servers of our service providers in order to provide the Services. Your personal information may be accessible to law enforcement or other authorities pursuant to a lawful request. Where required by law, international transfers of personal information will be supported by an adequacy mechanism. In the case of transfers of data out of Europe, we rely on Standard Contractual Clauses under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and endeavor to utilize third-party service providers that provide adequate protections that are compliant with the GDPR such as implementing Standard Contractual Clauses or Binding Corporate Rules.
5. YOUR CHOICES
You may have the right to object to and opt out of certain uses and disclosures of your personal information. Where you have consented to Hakkoda’s processing of your personal information, you may withdraw that consent at any time and opt-out to further processing by contacting info@Hakkoda.io.
5.2 EMAIL AND TELEPHONE COMMUNICATIONS
5.3 “DO NOT TRACK”
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. DNT is a way for users to inform websites and services that they do not want certain information about their webpage visits collected over time and across websites or online services. Please note that we do not respond to or honor DNT signals or similar mechanisms transmitted by web browsers.
5.4 COOKIES AND INTEREST-BASED ADVERTISING
As noted above, you may stop or restrict the placement of Technologies on your device or remove them by adjusting your preferences as your browser or device permits. Please note that cookie-based opt-outs are not effective on mobile applications. However, you may opt-out of personalized advertisements on some mobile applications by following the instructions here: https://www.networkadvertising.org/mobile-choice The online advertising industry also provides websites from which you may opt out of receiving targeted ads from data partners and other advertising partners that participate in self-regulatory programs. You can access these websites and learn more about targeted advertising and consumer choice and privacy, at www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp, https://www.youronlinechoices.eu/, https://youradchoices.ca/choices/, and www.aboutads.info/choices/. Please note you must separately opt out in each browser and on each device.
6. YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS
7. DATA RETENTION
8. SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
9. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
The Services are not directed to children under 13 (and in certain jurisdictions under the age of 16) years of age, and Hakkoda does not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 (and in certain jurisdictions under the age of 16) years of age. If we learn that we have collected any personal information from children under 13 (and in certain jurisdictions under the age of 16), we will promptly take steps to delete such information.
10. SUPERVISORY AUTHORITY
If you are located in the European Economic Area or the United Kingdom, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if you believe our processing of your personal information violates applicable law.
11. CONTACT US
12. OTHER RIGHTS AND IMPORTANT INFORMATION
- New Uses of personal information. Additionally, before we use personal information for any new purpose not originally authorized by you, we will endeavor to provide information regarding the new purpose and give you the opportunity to opt-out. Where consent of the Individual for the processing of personal information is otherwise required by law or contract, Hakkoda will endeavor to comply with the law or contract.
12.2 CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
13. Revision History:
Ready to learn more?
Speak with one of our experts.